Candidiasis By Dr. Brenda Watson
Candidiasis Signs & Symptoms: Like most toxins, the mycotoxins produced by Candida tend to settle in the weakest organs and tissues. Since each individual has a different area of genetic or acquired weakness, the symptoms of candidiasis often manifest as those of different disorders. There are numerous signs and symptoms associated with Candida overgrowth. They include:
- Bad breath
- Blurred vision
- Brain fog
- Chemical sensitivity
- Food sensitivities and allergies
- Joint and muscle pain
- Persistent gas and bloating
- Recurrent bladder infections
- Recurrent vaginal yeast infections
- Sinus problems
- Sugar cravings
When its long roots, known as rhizoids, puncture the mucosal lining of the intestine, Candida can cause increased intestinal permeability. Undigested food particles can then “leak” into the bloodstream, triggering an immune response. This is known as Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Because Candida is often the cause of Leaky Gut Syndrome, systemic Candidiasis can be viewed as an underlying condition and even a cause of allergies and other autoimmune disorders. Once leaky gut occurs, the toxins produced by Candida are carried via the bloodstream to other organs of the body such as the brain, nervous system, joints, and skin.
The :: liver can become overloaded with stored toxins :: which greatly impairs its ability to work as a detoxifier, and this can lead to chronic disease.
STEPS TO ADDRESS CANDIDIASIS:
2. CHANGE YOUR DIET. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, dairy products, sugar, and foods that are high in carbohydrates.
3. INCREASE FIBER INTAKE. When adding more :: fiber to your diet :: be sure to consume a healthy balance of approximately 75% insoluble fiber to 25% soluble (water-soluble) fiber.
4. REPLACE INTESTINAL FLORA. Maintain a healthy bacteria balance in the digestive tract with a daily :: probiotic supplement :: that includes Acidophilus and Bifidus.
5. AVOID RAW VEGETABLES. Eat lightly steamed vegetables, fish, and lean protein.
6. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces each day (For example, a 120-pound person would require 60 ounces of water, or seven tall glasses).
7. TRY COLON HYDROTHERAPY. In contrast to a traditional enema, colon hydrotherapy involves repeated infusions of filtered, warm water into the colon to help tone the bowel and promote healthy elimination.