Multi Dimensional Healing MDH | Trauma and Injuries
Multi-Dimensional Healing “Compensation” acting via the nervous system trauma, stress and injury create unique problems that affect every part of our lives. Eliminating the ongoing effects of stress requires a different approach than recovery from other problems, here’s why. In response to stress, be it a sprained ankle, stressful job, or the breakup of a marriage, your nervous system may go into a stress reaction mode. In stress mode, the brain develops and remembers new ways of coping with the stress. This new learning, called compensation can be crucial to getting through the time of stress. But what happens once the stress has ended/ compensation can hang on long after it is needed. To the body, it is as if the stress never ended!
Scenarios Show Extended Effects of Compensation – These over simplified scenarios show how effects of compensation extend far beyond the original stress or trauma. Compensation’s unpredictable nature requires specialized methods to detect and correct.
Scenario #1 – An Old Sprained Ankle Causes Neck Pain
- The Stress – sprained ankle ten years ago.
- The Compensation rearrange posture to protect the ankle, muscle changes throughout the body.
- The ankle heals, the compensations remain.
- Results – reduced function due to muscle imbalance, pain in neck. Aggravated by liver toxicity, which causes tight shoulders. (By similar mechanisms, a neck injury for instance, could cause future ankle, knee or low back problems just as easily).
Scenario #2 – Old Emotional Stress Causes Neck Pain and Life Stress
- The stress – bullied in 3rd grade. The Compensation deep brain areas go on permanent alert, changing hormonal activity (increased stress hormones), posture (body subtly twists and tenses muscles for protection) and emotional reaction (fear, anxiety, helplessness, expectation of failure).
- Kid grows up, becomes a bodybuilder – compensations remain.
- a) Residual memory of defensive posture leaves tight muscle on one side of the neck, causing pain. Aggravated by an auto accident at age 17.
- b) Hormones and emotions on a hair-trigger causing feelings to alternate between being aggressive, defensive and helpless, causing problems at work and in relationships. Aggravated by a poor diet which leads to unstable blood sugar.
- c) Chronic stress and poor diet also causes digestive problems.
FAQ About Compensation & Multi-Dimensional Healing (MDH) – In addition to high quality chiropractic and other holistic practices, multi-dimensional healing is one of the only methods that identifies and eliminates compensation.
How Does MDH Help Emotional Trauma and Pain? Just as in physical injury, emotionally stressful or traumatic events make an impression on the body as well as the mind. Usual ways of processing emotions, such as trying to forgive, understand or become rational often fail to induce the body to let go of tension patterns. Deeper resolution occurs only when the body “forgets” Troubling negative thought patterns and emotions can instantly lose their intensity, leaving a sense of peace and calm where moments before there had been pain or angst. This makes MDH a good companion to the self-understanding and direction provided by psychotherapy.
Will Addressing Compensation Help My Sports Performance? Absolutely! All compensations leave an imprint on the body. Whether they are affecting the emotions, internal organs or the muscle themselves, compensations are always accompanied by muscle imbalance. You don’t know how much better your body can perform and feel until you try it.
How Does MDH Relieve Physical Pain? Pain from compensation occurs for several reasons. In some cases, ongoing pain is like a fire alarm that stays on after the fire is out. MDH can turn off those errant alarms, immediately relieving pain. Compensation causes body conflict. To bend your knee, the muscles on the front need to relax as the ones on the back contract. If this balance is disturbed, the movement of the entire knee is affected, creating pain, increasing chances of injury or even arthritic problems. Getting the muscles in sync relieves such pain. Also, MDH restores energy flows that are often disturbed in pain situations.
Does MDH Address Hormonal and Internal Problems? It is clear that the chemistry of the body is incredibly complex. Studies often contradict each other. Changing one aspect changes others. The same is true for compensations that affect organs and glands. Resolving compensation patterns will resolve some internal problems, wile it helps others to sort out which nutritional treatments will be most successful. MDH can provide clues to the cause, or suggest the optimal mode of treatment. In fact, MDH often provides insight and relief for unexplained and unusual problems that have been treatment resistant. These are the very conditions most likely to involve compensation.
How Can I Tell If Compensation is Affecting Me? It isn’t a question of if, rather, how much. Compensation is an inevitable part of life. Yet, it is not detectable by any generally recognized test. And, since most practitioners don’t recognize or treat it, we cannot say specifically that it causes any conditions according to any studies. That said, there are some conditions that regularly respond faster to treatment that addresses compensation than would be expected from other treatments. It is worth addressing compensation in almost any condition, but here are some clues that compensation is affecting you significantly:
- You have symptoms that haven’t gone away with good care.
- You have symptoms that constantly return after going away.
- You find yourself reacting in ways that you don’t understand, or over reacting for without good reason. ANY strong emotional state that doesn’t resolve in short order indicates compensation.
- You remember the physical or emotional incident that set you back.
- You have unexplained or excessive fears, phobias or mood swings.
What Conditions Are More Likely to Involve Compensation?
- Post-traumatic Stress (PTSD) – Continued fear following a trauma, can’t get an incident out of your mind, inappropriate reactions.
- Athletic Injuries – That don’t quite heal correctly or repeatedly return. Performance “slump recovery”, mental blocks or just out of sync.
- Head Injury – The brain is like an orchestra, each instrument integrating into the overall harmony. Head injury is like an earthquake, which even in the absence of physical damage to neurons, disrupts the integration that is crucial to harmonious brain function. Special techniques address this kind of neurological compensation.
- Recovery from Surgery, Auto or Other Accidents – Compensation is part of any trauma. Addressing compensation speeds recovery, reduces pain, and decreases chances of residual problems.
- Overuse Injuries – Problems such as carpal tunnel are often due to muscle imbalance, and as such respond very well.
- Neck, Back, Arm, Leg or Other Pain – Particularly if it is chronic or unexplained.
Multi-Dimensional Healing Addresses Hidden Causes of Many Conditions:
- Sports Injury
- Chronic Muscle Sprain
- Frequent Injury
- Unexplained Pain
- Slow Injury Healing
- Carpal Tunnel
- Overuse Injury
- Effect of Any Trauma
- Adhesive Capsulitis
- Fear, Anxiety
- Interpersonal Conflict
- Lack of trust
- Confidence and Esteem
- Feeling Abandoned
- Public Speaking
- Decision Anxiety
- Sexual Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Unfulfilled, stuck
- Mood Swings
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Esteem & Confidence
MENTAL, EDUCATIONAL, PAST HEAD INJURY:
Academic Issues for example:
- Reading & Spelling
- Test Anxiety
- Focus, attention
- Behavioral Problems
- Accident Prone
- Problem Solving
- Performance Anxiety
Multi-Dimenstional Healing is a new method which leaves stress, injury and trauma in the past – even when nothing else has worked!